Saturday 28 June 2014

Prom Queen

My Gorgeous girls,


First, let me apologise for being missing in action for so long, I had to put my make-up on hold while i concentrated on my exams but I'm really hoping the recent prom make-up I'm about to share with you will make up for it.



While out on holiday in Dubai I was asked by one of my favourite girls if I was free to do some prom make-up for her friends. I was flattered! My client was a stunning Malaysian girl called Mohairah who it was a perfect
model. I absolutely loved 
creating this look on her and was very happy with the end result, as was Mahairah thankfully.

First things first, i had to make sure my model's make-up was going to stay put all night, through all the dancing and prom antics, especially her eye make up so I used Urban Decay eye Primer which meant i could be certain it would stay perfect all night long. For my models face i used Benefit Primer, which worked as the perfect base for the foundation, protecting the skin while keeping her foundation in tact. 



With darker skin-toned models, creating 'spotlight' eye make-up is the best way to really make their eyes stand out. For the center of the eye I used 'Sin' from my Urban Decay Naked Palette, which was the perfect light yet sparkly colour to use and work around. 


 

As my client's stunning specially tailored dress was red, I chose to incorporate a hint of maroon blended with black to create a smokey effect in the outer corner of the eye. This allowed me to tie her make-up in with her outfit without going over board with the red and causing a red overdose. 

Finally, on the inner corner of her eye i again used a touch of maroon and black to create the spotlight look in the center of her eye-lid and complete the whole look. Finishing touch was of course the eyeliner and lashes. No look is ever complete without the lashes ladies, never forget that. 


Tell me what you think,


         

           Stay Beautiful x












1 comment: